Did you know that you may be eligible for 60% Kela reimbursement when buying first-aid training courses?
- Provided that an organisation has arranged occupational health services/It is enough that mandatory occupational health services are arranged by the company.
- Noted needs have been written down in the operational plan / The operational plan should state that first-aid training is provided to the personnel.
- First-aid trainer has to have passed the training to become a First-aid and Health Science Trainer (ETK) / All first-aid trainers working for Uudenmaan Koulutuskeskus Oy have this qualification
- The maximum amount of reimbursement is 60%, however, it should be within the annual maximum amount and issued according to Kela’s decision.
- Employers must apply for reimbursements within six months from the end of the financial year
- Entrepreneurs must apply for reimbursements within six months after the invoice has been paid
All trainers working for Uudenmaan Koulutuskeskus are qualified to work as First-aid and Health Science Trainers (ETK). Our first-aid training courses meet Kela’s requirements.
According to Occupational Safety and Health Act, the employer is obligated to make sure that first-aid is available at the workplace (mandatory occupational health services).
Applying for Reimbursements
Reimbursements for costs related to maintaining first-aid readiness can be applied for every financial year with the same reimbursement form used for applying for occupational health service reimbursements. The application period is six (6) months from the end of the financial year.
Please note, that although the maintenance of first-aid readiness has to be part of your occupational health services plan, you don’t have to get the training courses from your occupational health centre.